Create a batch with a shorcut with Linux

Hello,

I work from my Ubuntu distribution (Xubuntu), and then I've installed JDarkRoom to comfortably write my books with.

I always take some time to remember how to create a batch file, make executable and then launch it from the desktop, so I can launch my application by clicking on the batch file, well here is how I did it:


  1. Create a batch file called start_editor.sh and save it in the desktop.
  2. In the batch file I've put the following code: java -jar /home/myUserName/MyInstallationFolderName/JDarkRoom.jar
  3. Then I've made the batch file executable like this: chmod 0755 start_editor.sh opening a terminal session and going to the Desktop folder
Well, that's all, now I open my application by simply clicking on the batch file placed in my desktop.

Very nice,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306