301 Redirecting and keeping your Page Rank

If you've changed your domain name but you would like to keep your Page Rank?
You should do a 301 redirect, meaning that your page has been moved.

The best way to do this it is through the .htaccess file but some times you would not have access to this file, specially in free hosted sites.

So you can use a simple PHP snipet code, just copy and paste this

<?
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.my-new-domain.com" );
?>



First thing in your php page and for each page that you want to redirect.


This way you will be redirecting pages to your new domain and keep your well deserved Page Rank

Comments

  1. Thanks, I was thinking about moving my blog, since my original blog title was not very seo friendly but was afraid I would lose all of my page rank. Thanks for the info, this will make my switch a little more stress free.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your opinion is very appreciated, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306