Back to Ubuntu 10

Last night a virus killed my Windows XP, katusha a form or worm attacked my laptop. 
I decided to get back to Ubuntu as fighting against viruses, reformating my laptop every six month and reinstalling the OS and all the software can be annoying!

And now wich Ubuntu version to choose? I prefer a LTS (Long Term Support) version of course. The 10.04 LTS version "The Lucid Lynx" is supported till April 2013. For all the other new versions a 6 months update is due.
I've tried Ubuntu 11.04 but it slowed down my laptop too much so I went back to Ubuntu 10.

But there are so many thing I still love about Windows (omg!, ha!) I really love the Arial font type as it is my favourite for internet browsing. Times New Roman and Courier New are still the best! In fact Courier New is my favourite for programming.

So, to install the Microsoft font package in Ubuntu just type:

sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts

Anwser yes to all the license questions.

I've opened Firefox and the font type was the old "Sans", where is Arial in Firefox browser?
Open Firefox and go to:
Edit > Preferences > Content and choose Arial as the default font.

And in your system go to:

System > Preferences > Appearance and select Arial for the groups you want

The second thing I need is support for the spanish language, so to install the spanish language support just type:

sudo apt-get install language-support-es

That's pretty much all about it, the next step is configuring my programming environement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306