Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Flash Back Gingerbread 2.3.6

Yes I had flashed the fantastic Android 4 Ice Cream  Custom Rom, but I had lost some good things like FM radio and now I've recovered all.
So, here is how I've flashed back with Odin

Frist I've got a stock rom from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9000&r=-1#modelsa
I've downloaded one rom not suitable for Kies, the Open Europe I9000XWJVZ_I9000OXAJVT_OXA.zip this rom is unbranded, no carrier applications or layer, but you should really check for the one that fits your country.

Unzip custom files and open Odin, choose the files this way:
PIT:s1_odin_20100512.pit

PDA:CODE_I9000XWJVZ_CL762604_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5

PHONE:MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5

CSC:GT-I9000-CSC-HOME-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5

Then turn off the phone and start it in download mode by pressing buttons (Volume down + power + home button) at the same time, you will see very quickly a yellow robot, let go buttons and connect the smartphone to your PC

Here you can see Odin with selected files and phone detected, the first field COM should be yellow:
Then press Start and go!
That's it!

If you don't like Samsung apps like Thinkfree Office you can uninstall them with Titanium Backup and you must previously root the phone

Comments

  1. Thanks for your post very helpful. Any ideas on how this process should take?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your opinion is very appreciated, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Dolce Gusto Circolo Leaking Problem

Root Nook Simple Touch with updated NookManager

How to Change the Gear Shift Knob of the Peugeot 306