Sunday, March 5, 2017

AdSense Responsive Ads Not Showing No Slot Size for Availablewidth

How to fix AdsSense responsive problems without modifying AdSense code. AdSense Responsive adapts to device sizes to display ads properly. The size of the ad will automatically adapt to smartphones browsers, tablets and any web site. But making these ads work need some implementation or you may get the no slot size for available with Javascript error, or just not seeing any ad all.

But, do not edit the inside AdSense Javascript code at all, do not add any custom css style to it or modify the tags, just take your code from AdSense unit as is and copy and paste it in your web site. It will look like this:

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="xxx"
     data-ad-slot="xxx"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>


Before copying into your web site you need to create a div that will act as a parent container:

<div style="width: 300px; height: auto">
<!-- Copy AdSense code here -->
</div>


That will display an ad with a maximum width of 300 pixels and any available height. If you only want to display ads with limited maximum width and height, let´s say you want a 300 x 250 rectangular box, then your code should look like this:

<div style="width: 300px; height: 250px">
<!-- Copy AdSense code here -->
</div>


This will display any ads with 300 x 250 pixels and any other available smaller size ad adapted to smartphones, tablets and any other device.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

How To Fix Scratched Cell Phone Camera Lens

Well, first of all do not use nail cleaner as it is highly corrosive and will badly ruin the lens. Specially if the camera lens is made of plastic. This just will ruin your phone as I did with mine.

After this, pictures looked blurry, but I tried to find a solution, a way to polish back the lens to an acceptable state so it could take decent pictures again. I had to find something that polished plastic other than tooth paste, because I tried with tooth paste to recover it but did not work. Tooth paste was not strong enough to do it.



I tried several products to find that the best one was appliance cleaner, the kind used to polish stainless steel. But it took me some patience and for more than forty minutes I scrubed the lens gently with cotton dipped in this product. I put some scotch tape around it to prevent spills inside the phone.


This is the product I have used, a strong home cleaner with ammoniac:


The last five minutes I used tooth paste for a fine finish.
I took pictures and I saw some improvement, as you can see here.


 Nice! Well, tooth paste is also corrosive and you can damage the anti glare layer on the lens, but if there are many sctractes it may be good to use it.

Here is the phone camera back to life again!








Saturday, January 14, 2017

Morotola Moto G 1st Gen Change Earpiece

How to change the earpiece of a Motorola Moto G 1st Generation. If you have sound problem during phone conversations but through the headphone the sound it is all right, it is probably a problem with the earpiece itself. You can by a new earpiece for less than 5 euros.
The first step its to remove the midframe
Remove all those screws with a Torx T5 screwdriver.
With a plastic opening tool remove the midframe starting with the corner and then sliding gently all the way down.
Carefull with power and sound volume buttons, remove then and put them aside before they fall down. And there I have found something amazing. You can see next to the camera over the earphone connector some metalic debris, it was like some kind of micro magnetic dust. I do not know how it got there, I just removed with a brush.
Unplug the battery connector you can use a pry tool like the one in the picture, it works really well.
Then pull from the plastic label that holds the battery. Do not bend the battery and use the plastic tool to help, like a lever.
Then start removing the motherboard. There are no screws, you just have to lever carefully in those places where the tool can go. Go carefully with it, remove it by the corners. The motherboard is glued to the lcd.
Open it to the side. I am not dissasembling the whole phone here, just putting the motherboard to the side to get to the earpiece.

There you can see the earpice, I am pointing to it with the pry tool
I used a very small screwdriver to remove the earpiece, but the earpiece came appart.
I just broke it. Well I had a new one anyway. But again I found lots of metalic dust behind it. I do not really know how it got there either, I just got rid of it. I am sure that it was that that was causing the hearing problem. It probably interfered with the sound vibration or something as the center of the earpiece is a magnet.


And here is the new one I just mounted. You have to place it in the same way, with the connectors in the same direction than the old one. Well, it works well now!